The Glorious Presence of God
Topic: Redemption Scripture: Exodus 40:34–40:38
Sermon Series: The Story of Redemption
Bible Era: The Exodus Era
Today’s Message: The Glorious Presence of God
Text: Exodus 40:34-38
There is incredible excitement for the Israelites as they set up the tabernacle for
the very first time. Preparations and construction of the tabernacle have taken
several months. Now, at last, the tabernacle is being set up for the first time.
Imagine the delight of seeing the tabernacle set up for the first time and the
indescribable events surrounding the splendor of God’s glory descending upon
that tent. The cloud, the visible manifestation of the glory of God descends upon
the tabernacle, to dwell in the midst of this sinful people, and to guide them into
the promised land. Today, there are powerful lessons for us to learn about the
glory of God!
1) THE SUBJECTION OF THE PEOPLE OF GOD
God manifested His presence in the ___________ which He prescribed, and among
those _______________ who precisely carried out His commands pertaining to the
2) THE SIGN OF THE PEOPLE OF GOD
The _________ of the people of God is always His ________________ in the midst
of His people!
3) THE STRUGGLE OF HUMAN LIMITS.
• Our humanity is not suited for living in the glory.
• Our sinfulness prevents entrance into the glory.
4) THE HUNGER FOR THE GLORY TO COME.
• The glory to come will be heaven.
• The glory to come will be approachable.
• The glory to come will satisfy the deep hunger of life.
More in The Story of Redemption
March 3, 2019The Danger of Getting What You Want