Living in Obedience.
“Make vows to the Lord your God and fulfill them; let all the neighboring lands bring gifts to the One to be feared.” Psalm 76:11
Today... You have decisions to make.
Today... Your beliefs will shape your behaviors.
Today... Every man will walk in the shadow of the first or of the second Adam (Adam or Jesus).
You will walk in the darkness and death of Adam’s failure or the light and life of Jesus!
Today... CONSCIOUSLY COMMIT TO CHRIST!
Five propositions for us to vow and fulfill before our Lord:
(1) I will follow where God leads me. I will listen to His voice and obey His commands!
(2) I will take courage and act on my faith. Don’t stand around and do nothing because of fear!
(3) My expectations for each day in my life will be focused on God and the things of God. I will not fall into the trap of self-focused expectations for my life!
(4) Joy will be in my heart as I obey truth and share Christ with others. Christians are never sour in their hearts because they possess the sweet spirit of Jesus!
(5) I will not be governed by the love the world or anything in the world. The holy person does the will of God and lives forever (1 John 2:17).
If we wear the name of Christ then we must be wholly dedicated to pursuit of the holy life by fulfilling our vows before the Lord.
Prayer for today: Lord, Today I choose to be a holy person, to walk in Your light, and to abide in Jesus. I owe You my best, my utmost, my all! My desire is to love you and to serve those around me because of You!
“To vow or not is a matter of choice, but to discharge our vows is our bounden duty. He who would defraud God, his own God, is a wretch indeed.” (Spurgeon)