Characteristics of Wisdom
Topic: Wisdom Scripture: James 3:13–3:18
Sermon Series: Real Faith Works
Sermon Title: Characteristics of Wisdom
Text: James 3:13-18
We could scour the book of Proverbs and come up with a long, long list of characteristics. But there’s this great passage in James that packs a lot into just a few verses.
The following characteristics are based on
- Wise people don’t constantly brag, boast, or display a prideful attitude.
2. ______________ _____________
- Wise people live an upright and moral life.
- Wise people treat others with care and respect.
- Wise people put the needs of others ahead of themselves whenever possible.
- Wise people don’t foster division. Instead they work to end strife and turmoil.
- Wise people demonstrate compassion, forgiveness, and kindness to others.
- Wise people are genuine, real, and honest; not deceitful, hypocritical, or false.
- Wise people are fair and just. They do not show partiality to others for their own benefit.